Disclaimer: At absolutely no cost to you, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases linked from this site. All content on this site is maintained and supported through such programs and your support is appreciated. Disclaimers.
Haven’t heard of Fastcap? Did you know they make tools for “everything in between” the tools most other suppliers make? Need a glue bottle that actually works? How about a third hand for lifting cabinets? Or the ultimate foam for organizing your tools?
I’ve been buying tools for decades and just ran across Fastcap last year. And found they are a must for woodworkers to bookmark and add to their shopping list. While I started my collection with a cabinet jack* there are over a hundred tools built to solve problems other tool manufacturers haven’t.
It’s no wonder Fastcap has grown rapidly since 1997 by taking a unique approach to designing and selling tools for woodworking that others just haven’t thought of. Seems simple right? Well, they use a Lean approach and customer input that larger companies just don’t.
And the result? A collection of tools* that no other manufacturer can match for ingenuity.
Fastcap Tool Overview
1. Fastcap Kaizen Foam
- Layered foam that can be cut and remove in layers
- Customize your tool storage
- Mark outlines of tools, cut and remove foam
- Protect sensitive tools from damage
- Flat or vertical storage
- Keeps tools or other items exactly where you want them
- Available in various thicknesses and layered colors
- Layout is permanent and takes time to cut
What Makes Kaizen Foam Unique
- Industrial quality foam for tool, home and office storage available to a homeowner
- Layered foam that can be cut and peeled to store a variety of tool sizes and thicknesses
- Ultimate in organization capability for tool boxes
Tips to using Kaizen Foam
2. Fastcap 10 Million Dollar Stick
What Makes the 10 Million Dollar Stick Unique
- One of a kind design for holding material close to the saw blade
- Curved three prong design allows for repeated, comfortable use
Tips to using the 10 Million Dollar Stick
- Mount it where it’s always accessible to encourage use
- Every saw is dangerous – follow Fastcap and your saws safety recommendations
- Every saw is dangerous (worth saying again)
3. FastCap Glu-Bot Glue Bottle
- Bottom-up design provides fresh glue
- Storage cap stored on the bottle to encourage post-glue use
- Easy to squeeze bottle
- Available in three sizes
- Alignment nozzle to perfectly center glue on plywood edges
- Bottle bottom can drag in glue if not tilted (due to classic way glue bottles are held.
What Makes the Glu-Bot Glue Bottle Unique
- Bottom feed for glue ensures fresh glue
- “Babe-bot” fits where other larger bottles won’t
Tips to using Glu-Bot Glue Bottle
- Use the provided glue cap after every use (eg. anytime you set the bottle down for more than 5 minutes).
- Clean the tip carefully
- Order spare tips … eventually any woodworker will wear them out
4. FastCap Cabinet Jack
- Enables a 1 person cabinet installation
- 150 pound weight capacity
- 28-60″ range
- Freestanding on large base and bottom pads
- Pump handle with micro-adjustment for leveling cabinets
- Without blocking, won’t reach microwave or fridge cabinets
What Makes this Cabinet Jack Unique
- Affordable jack to allow DIY’ers to install cabinets easier – or by themselves
- Quick adjust over full working range
- Perfect for 54″ bottom of most upper cabinets
Tips to using the Upper Hand Cabinet Jack
- Buy one (or more) of the three products in lineup – Upper Hand for 28-60″, Little Hand for 16.5-23.5″, 3rd Hand HD for 60-144″ based on your cabinet installation style
- Use the Upper Hand if you install upper cabinets first
- Or, use the Little Hand for installing upper cabinets after base cabinets
- And for taller upper cabinets use a base cabinet with a sheet of plywood cover as a base for the Upper Hand (for DIY’ers).
5. FastCap Reversible Tape Measure
What Makes the Fastcap Tape Measure Unique
- The pencil sharpener alone makes this worthy of adding to your toolbox. How many times have you had to stop a measurement to fix a broken lead?
- And of course the erasable surface to jot your measurements is what makes this an upgrade over the standard tape measure
Tips to Using
- Be sure to have a wood pencil ready
6. FastCap Accuscribe Scribing Tool
- Traditional circle scribe
- Tilting head for scribing trim
- Flat back allows for scribing parallel surfaces
- Removable compass point
What Makes the Accuscribe Unique
- Articulating head
- Removable compass for non-traditional scribing
Tips to Using
- Not much other than the obvious – keep the pencil sharp!
7. FastCap Miter Saw Hood
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Fastcap make just woodworking tools?
Fastcap makes everything from woodworking tools to dust barriers and even surfboard ding patches.
What is Kaizen foam?
Kaizen foam is a layered foam from Fastcap that can be custom cut to store tools and other items horizontally or vertically.